Saturday 24 March 2007

Free Canvas...

I personally love the idea of tattoos and piercings, I have my ears pierced and had a Monroe at one point. There is nothing better than using your body as your own personal canvas. It is no one else's property but your own, and no one has the right to tell you what to do with it. You can have one or the other, or even both. They can be clearly shown or concealed for your own personal enjoyment, its all up to you. I don't currently have any tattoos, but someday when I am really inspired I just may get one, but I'm not there yet. I think being able to have something that has deeper meaning than anyone else can even understand is an amazing personal power. Some people think tattoos and piercings are ugly, and sometimes offensive, but that is their opinion. The lecture this past Thursday on this topic was extremely interesting because I never really had a grasp on how many cultures use these as forms of expression and religious purposes. While tattoos are a way to be ones own personal canvas, they are historic and full of culture.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Links:
Tattoos1
Tattoos2

No comments: