Wednesday 21 March 2007

Step away from my door!

There are many things in this world I dislike, and one of them is when people attempt to force their ideals upon you. As mentioned in George Chryssides' lecture, Jehovah’s Witnesses are among the religions that to me, work to hard to spread their word. I can remember countless times of seeing the unfamiliar car parked at the end of my driveway, and wondering who is that walking to our door step? It annoys me that rituals like this are thought of as productive. My family, as do many, opted for the pretend like we are not home option, even if the T.V was on. The way I see it is, if I wanted to be a part of your group I would. Everyone has their own beliefs and morals, and they will find you if what they believe in agrees with you. Going door to door is going out of the way to attempt to change peoples minds, and often times annoying and creepy!

Links:
Jehovah's Witness 1
Jehovah's Witness 2

No comments: