Thursday 19 April 2007

I Love Lying to Kids!

As we discussed in lecture today, lying has its pros and cons. I, as many do, lie when need be. I was kind of shocked when people suggested that it is wrong to lie to your kids, whether it be Santa or the Tooth Fairy. I can't imagine Christmas as a child with out the bewilderment of Santa and his reindeer. I know there is more to Christmas than Santa and presents, but you are a small child, it is a huge part of the excitement! Kids love to hear lies, it makes life more fun, I feel like kids do a lot of lying themselves, but we call it creativity. Imaginary friends, playing games with fictional characters, even the idea of a plastic doll taking on a life of its own. These are lies kids tell themselves everyday. There is a huge difference between lies that cause emotional pain, and a lie that enhances the life of a child. To say that kids should never be told lies is completely crazy!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: