Thursday 12 April 2007

Kids..

I can't write an essay on Kids for the final assessment because I did an essay for the first one, but I was thinking about the 3rd question, "What is so ‘good’ about films like Kids (1995)?" When I first saw Kids I couldn't believe what I had just seen, I was so disturbed, on so many levels. I mean the kids were literally just kids! The idea that 14-year-old kids were contracting HIV was just unreal for me. Not only were these kids having sex, they were drinking and doing drugs as well. Obviously, that would draw some controversy, but the reality is, it happens. People, especially kids, think nothing bad will ever happen to them, we are too young to worry about dying. It makes you think, you aren't untouchable, this stuff does happen, and you better be careful or it will happen to you. Its a harsh reality, but movies like Kids open eyes, and make you think twice.

Links:
aids awareness
underage drinking


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: