Friday 13 April 2007

Prostitution...

So I was sitting in the hairdressers the other day waiting for my friend to get her hair cut, and I started to read glamor magazine. I came across an article titled "I May Have Slept With the Ipswich Strangler." There really wasn't anything else that struck my eye, so I started to read it. I couldn't believe what I had read. I especially couldn't believe the lives these women of the article were leading. The girl who had survived the series of murders, all targeted at prostitutes, had been on the streets since she was 14! She is a heroin addict, which consumes all her money, time and energy. I do sympathize with these women, for it must be hard to live like that, and even more hard to get out of a life like that. I also don't understand why they don't make more of an effort to seek help. Go to rehab, get a real job. It did state in the article that the surviver of the story really wanted to live a normal live, with a normal job, settle down and have a family, the she said she be surprised if she survived another 20 years of her life. I just feel like there are a few options to get away from a life like this, so why no take them

No comments: